For Silicon Valley’s Leading VC “it doesn’t matter what your probability of failure is

If there’s a 90% chance of failure, there’s a 10% chance of changing the world.”

  • Most technology startups fail. There’s a winner, and there’s 7 out of 10 that lose.
  • I don’t mind failing, but if I succeed it better be worth succeeding for.
  • I have seen too many startups where they have reduced risk to a point where they have a higher probability of succeeding, but if they succeed it is inconsequential.
  • We invest more in people than in a specific plan, because plans often change.\
  • Where most entrepreneurs fail is on the things they don’t know they don’t know.
  • There are probably three or four things you can control out of ten that matter for the success of your company… The rest is just luck.

Partly for that reason, he is dismissive of business plans: “I’ve never seen one that’s accurate.”

~ Tren Griffin “A Dozen Things I’ve Learned from Vinod Khosla“.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s